The Australian Values social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube) are a space for truth, trust, and togetherness, allowing Australian communities to come together and enhance our inclusive national identity, sense of belonging, and shared appreciation of Australian values.
Community engagement on our channels is welcome, but must be in line with Australian Values.
By participating in these channels, you agree to abide by this Code of Conduct. You agree that you will:
- Be respectful, polite, and accepting of difference;
- Remain on topic;
- Protect your personal privacy and that of others by not including personal information about yourself or others in your posts (such as names, email addresses, private addresses or phone numbers).
- Keep comments apolitical.
You agree not to:
- Incite hatred on the basis of any personal characteristics, including on the basis of race, gender, marital or domestic status, disability, sexuality or age;
- Post anything illegal;
- Post anything abusive, hateful or that could defame any person or organisation;
- Intentionally spread misinformation;
- Post spam, advertising, or automated replies.
If you breach this Code of Conduct we may:
- Hide, remove, report or take any other remedial action necessary on comments that don’t comply with these terms;
- Suspend or permanently block you from using our social media channels.
In addition to these requirements, our social media is governed by the user policy or terms and conditions imposed by the social media host, including:
Posting, reposting, sharing, liking or commenting on a post by any Australian Values account does not equal endorsement of the contents of the post by Australian Values or the Department of Home Affairs.
Australian Values is run by the Department of Home Affairs (https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/).