The Australian Values social media channels are a space for truth, trust, and togetherness, allowing Australian communities to come together and enhance our inclusive national identity, sense of belonging, and shared appreciation of Australian values.
Community engagement on our channels is welcome, but must be in line with Australian Values. So:
- Be respectful, polite, and accepting of difference;
- Don’t incite hatred on the basis of any personal characteristics, including on the basis of race, gender, marital or domestic status, disability, sexuality or age;
- Don’t post anything illegal;
- Don’t post anything abusive, hateful or that could defame any person or organisation;
- Don’t post spam, advertising, or automated replies.
- We want relevant conversations; please stay on topic.
Users further agree to:
- Protect their personal privacy and that of others by not including personal information about themselves or others in their posts (such as names, email addresses, private addresses or phone numbers).
- Hide, remove, report or take any other remedial action necessary on comments that don’t comply with these terms;
- Suspend or permanently block you from using our social media channels.
By participating on our channels, you have agreed to abide by these guidelines.
Australian Values is run by the Department of Home Affairs (https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/)